Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas season highlights

Our month flew by! It was filled with all the usual christmas festivities….here are the highlights of the last few weeks….

The singing bears at Birkdale

IMG_0137

Christmas in Davidson

038037

032

We spent a weekend in Asheville and got to experience Christmas in Weaverville……seeing Santa and riding the horse drawn carriage were the highlights.

IMG_0200IMG_0204IMG_0205

Christmas Supper Club at our house…..we did a gift exchange with the kids which was a huge hit!  This one photo shows 6 of the 9 kids….we couldn’t convince them all to be in the photo at the same time so this was a pretty good showing!! When I looked back through the photos I realized that Harrison helped almost every child open their gift…..what a good little “helper” Harrison!

IMG_4831IMG_4816IMG_4823

We got to take Daddy on his first trip to Discovery Place. I was shocked when I realized that he had never been before!

IMG_0324IMG_0330IMG_0331IMG_0333

This was our first year seeing the singing bears in the Bank of America building where Daddy works in Charlotte. We ended up going twice and the kids loved it both times! It was a treat for the kids to drive downtown and see where he works.

IMG_0272IMG_0274IMG_0271IMG_0275IMG_0279

We drove to Troutman one night for the lights show and petting zoo at Zootastic.  The kids were amazed with the lights, but the highlight was definitely roasting marshmallows for our own smores (a first for the kids), petting the animals, and of course seeing Santa (again!).

IMG_0284IMG_0285IMG_0290IMG_0294IMG_0295IMG_0307IMG_0308IMG_0310IMG_0315IMG_0318

Cookie Decorating! Thanks Lauren!

065

No comments: