Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lazy 5 Ranch

So last weekend Bill and I decided to take the kids to the Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville. I had been hearing about it since we moved to charlotte but had never gotten around to making the trip. We both felt like we needed a little family adventure last weekend, so off we went! Harrison was so excited to get there.... we talked about what animals we would be seeing the entire drive there. Bill bought 2 buckets of food to feed the animals, which at the time I thought was a little unnecessary. I thought surely one would be plenty. However, once we started driving through the ranch with our windows down, I was completely unprepared for the rather large and quite hairy llamas who bombarded our car. I screamed, threw my bucket of food, and rolled up my window! Meanwhile, Mallory was hysterically screaming in the backseat as I was screaming at Bill to roll up her window! So our adventure started a little rocky, but thankfully we had another bucket of food for Harrison! He loved it! He sat on Bill's lap and fed the animals the entire time with a huge smile on his face....he couldnt believe it. Mallory and I enjoyed our view through the window glass :). Harrison did ask me multiple times why I threw my bucket, I just told him over and over again that he was much braver than his mommy.
I think this picture captures Harrison's face the entire time.
These animals were amazing, they literally stuck their heads right into the car!
Heres the llama, through the window of course :).
Rhinoceros
Pot Belly Pig
Ostrich - Bill was really not a fan of these guys
The Giraffes! These were everyone's favorite. Bill held Harrison out of the sunroof to feed them.

No comments: