We have been living 5 minutes from Mimi and Papa since last fall....and it has been a dream. I truly love having my parents close by....they are so helpful in so many ways. But honestly, more than that, I have loved seeing the sweet and unique relationship that has formed between my parents and my kids. I would have thought the novelty of having grandparents close would wear off, but they still run with open arms screaming for Mimi and Papa EVERY time we enter their house. Harrison insists on running to the front door and ringing the bell all by himself....every time. My parents do a great job of acting surprised it is him every single time. Mallory does her little happy dance and jumps and squeals. They adore them. And I am so thankful.
Last week Mimi and Papa returned after being away for 2 weeks. We talked about them every day they were gone. Harrison really wasnt a fan of them being gone for so long. When they first saw each other again, it took Harrison a minute or two to warm up to Mimi.....in fact he pushed her away when she tried to give him a hug...... I think he felt a little abandoned :). He and Mimi quickly bonded over a popsicle, and then he asked me if I could leave so he could have Mimi all to himself (I think he recovered quickly! :) ).
Heres a little picture of Papa telling Harrison a story. Harrison loves Papa's stories....and I love when Harrison tries so very hard to retell Papas stories with the same degree of detail that Papa does....it is so so cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment