Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentines Day

I tried hard to make Valentines Day a special day for the kids, but I must admit that I am severely lacking energy during this third trimester! I had great intentions, just couldn’t quite pull anything off that was really great. BUT, I think the kids still had a great day so that’s what matters! I got to go by myself to Harrison’s preschool party.  I cant explain the look on his face when I walked in the door….it was pure joy and he ran up and gave me a kiss and a huge hug, pulled me into the circle time they were having, and sat right on my lap. I couldn’t help but think about how this is such a precious stage we are in, that he LOVES being near me and LOVES public displays of affection….something I know will one day come to a crashing halt. It is OBVIOUS that quality time is this kids love language….I don’t think he has willingly left my side since he came out of the womb! So yes, the seemingly endless games and playing and chit chat and questions do wear me out, but I am so thankful for this little “chattering shadow” of mine! Especially when I see his face light up when I walk in the room….precious.

Here is Mrs. Ottati making pink milk for the kids.

080

Bill is in Minneapolis for work these days, but he sent these for me to brighten my day……very sweet.

082

So in my attempt to be festive and fun despite my lack of energy, we made a heart pizza for dinner and the kids helped. They had a blast. We sent a photo to Daddy telling him Happy Valentines Day!

084085086087088089

And thanks Grandma and Grandad for our new coloring books!

091092

1 comment:

Jen T. said...

Heart shaped pizza is fantastic. I need to try that. I've also seen it with just the pepperonis shaped into a heart on top! Every little bit is a big deal to our kids.